The train that Runs in the Sirkeci station in Eminonu to the suburbs of Istanbul has seen. The train is outdated, the doors may or may not shut all of the time and it is used mostly by Istanbul’s lower classes but the route and stations have a concealed glamorous past for they constitute the last minutes of the famed Orient Express’ historic journey across Europe to Turkey. Train hints: The Visit to Bakirkoy takes approximately 25 minutes And prices 1.40yt. A chair on the right hand side, not the sea side is much more intriguing since you will get fantastic views of the excavation pit at Yenikapi some regional homes and mosques around Kocamustafa Pasha, in addition to a breathtaking view of the city walls and old cemetery.
- Sirkeci: The Orient Express and its travel have become The stuff of legend and myth. Every summer, the train makes one excursion into Istanbul. Train buffs wait in the station. Sirkici channel was built in 1889 for the Orient Express. The train ran from 1889 up until 1977.
- Cankurtaran: The nearest stop to Sultanahmet. Nice views of this Asian Side and the Beginning of the town’s secondary walls.
- Kumkapi: Nearby Balik Sokak, Fish Street Alive at dusk with restaurants serving fish, meze and raki, Expect music, dancing and singing performed by guys with mustaches.
- Yenikapi: Right Now, how much for orient express Yenikapi is the site of a huge archeological excavation pit. While digging for the metro and metro station in the region, what is thought to be the sanctuary of Constantinople in the tunnel was discovered. Ships, anchors and gold coins are simply some of the artifacts which were found here. The site is best seen in the train platform. For those there is an display at the Archeological Museum in Gulhane Park showing relics and artifacts.
- Koca Mustafa Pasha: This is the channel to catch a seat if you have not got one, large exchange of passengers. Yedikule: Three things are going on here:
- Trains are saved here in derelict Buildings which belong to the Train Transportation Department.
- Golden Gate and The Yedikule Dungeons are located here. The dungeons are available to visitors.
- A building site is found here for The subway that will run throughout the region.
As You depart the town and Yedikule Station, look out the side and as you pass through town walls, there is a view of the moat, an old graveyard and the walls which is filled with vegetable gardens. Next Interesting stop: Bakirkoy is a large, modern pedestrian shopping area. Three malls and a lot of stores should keep you busy.